Instructor(s): Patrick Deasy / Gordon Gray
September 22, 2019 (Full)
Time: 0830 – 1630
Range: Sacramento Valley Shooting Center
Course Fee: $175.00 (includes range fees)
This course offers a basic introduction into the proper deployment of the tactical shotgun for home and self defense. The course consists of a lecture and live-fire real world scenarios. The student will be taught the basic principles of tactics, gun handling, and marksmanship as they relate to the tactical shotgun.
This class has something for all skill levels and will cover:
- Safety, Security, and Storage, History of the Tactical Shotgun, Function, Sighting, and Nomenclature.
- Care and Maintenance
- Ammunition descriptions, statistics, types and uses.
- Personal carry configuration,
- Shotgun loading / unloading,
- Tactics and positioning.
Upon completion of this course, you will be confident in your abilities to tactically deploy a shotgun for self defense purposes.
- Safety Glasses
- Ear Protection
- Hat w/Brim
- Sunscreen and/or Warm Clothing (weather permitting)
- Tactical Shotgun (18 inch barrel preferred)
Recommended but not Essential:
- Elbow &/or Knee Pads
- Pants w/ Cargo Pockets
- 100 rounds of bird shot
- 20 rounds 00 buckshot
- 5 rounds of slug ammunition required